Move over McDonald’s there’s a new chicken nugget in Town and the’re fantastic! I had been dreaming about this recipe for a few days now and originally was going to make it out of ground chicken or turkey. But then I thought, it would taste to much like chicken meatballs and that was not the goal. Real food is what I craved that also taste great so I opted for boneless skinless chicken breast.
I have to say, When I was finished I was quite impressed with myself. These nuggets taste even better than your average fast food joint. The best part is that they are only 1.8 grams of carbs per serving. Oh wait is that the best part? Even better you can make up a couple of big batches and pop them in the freezer, another great reason to give these tasty treats a whirl! Now that’s convenient and still taste great heating up in the oven or microwave!
Finally, weather your following a low carb diet or not, these chicken nuggets are sure to be a great hit with the children! Because they don’t contain and extra junk or preservatives, they are a much healthier and wholesome treat at the dinner table rather than fast food or your grocers freezer junk!
- 4 Small Chicken Breast - Skinless
- 3 Slices of Bacon - Cooked to a crisp
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese - I use a 4 cheese but you can use any
- 6 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Oil for frying
- Cook Chickens in boiling water, about 15 minutes. To keep the chicken moist with out a crusty outer layer, I just boil the chicken breast down.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Fry 3 slices of bacon to a crisp and then remove from heat and let cool.
- Place your chicken in a food processor and grind until fine. I just use a small counter top Hamilton Beach food possessor, it does the job.. Place ground chicken breast in a bowl.
- Place bacon in food processor and grind into bacon bits and add to bowl of chicken.
- Add 1 Cup of shredded cheese into your food processor, important to make find grated cheese. Add to chicken mixture.
- Mix ingredients well and then add 3 large eggs mixing well.
- In a small bowl mix together 6 tbsp of almond flour and 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. This is your outer crust batter. The chicken mixture will be wet enough so no egg wash is needed.
- Form small or medium balls out of your chicken mixture and flatten between your fingers. (you can make chicken patties as well if you wish) Dip chicken nugget into almond flour mixture making sure to coat both sides entirely.
- Heat your frying pan and pour enough cooking oil to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Cook on medium heat.
- Add your nuggets to the oil once the oil is well heated and fry on each side for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan when done and place on a paper towel to let oil drain off and then ready to serve.