Chicken Biscuits Homemade Dog Treats
It’s a toss up in our kitchen today as to which Scooby Snack my dog like the best, Chicken Biscuits Homemade Dog Treats or Salmon & Sweet Potato Treats. Either way, both recipes are super easy to make and your little sweet pea will love them both.
Chicken is a great source of protein for your pet. Yogurt is also a wonderful treat for your dog. Did you know that yogurt is recommended by veterinarians for doggie constipation? I didn’t either until my parents recently came across this problem with their little lady. Whole wheat or grain free? It’s really a matter of if your dog has allergies to grains or not. One thing I like about this particular recipe is that I know exactly what I am feeding my dog and if he is going to have grains I would rather see him have whole grains than processed grains.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 5.3- ounce container nonfat Greek yogurt preferable plain, but I use coconut
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg beaten
- Mix together beaten egg, yogurt and water until well combined.
- Add in flour and chicken and mix thoroughly.
- The dough will be very sticky, you can either roll them out and use a cookie cutter for shaped or simple use the drop method and flatten out like cookies.
- Place treats on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350° preheated oven for 15 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Let cool and ready to serve. Best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. If you have more treats than what you need you can also freeze the treats until you are ready to serve. Just thaw for about an hour before serving.