The Best Chicken Pot Pie Ever!
Cold weather is creeping in and you guess, so is warm and toasty comfort food! One of my favorite’s happens to be pot pie’s! I started off loving Banquet Turkey Pot Pies, as it was something my mom used to serve in a pinch and then graduated to Marie Callender’s! Honestly, is it me or have frozen food portion size gotten smaller? Not to mention all the gross stuff they must put in it to preserve it.
Chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. Buttery, flaky pie crust filled with shredded chicken, vegetables, and a creamy sauce. It’s the perfect meal to get cozied in from the cold and tastes like coming home. I could easily eat two of them and since this recipe makes two, that shouldn’t be a problem.. Or I could just freeze one for later and eat one now! Either way, I will be making this beautiful yummy dish all winter long!
One thing I have to say I like besides eating these delicious pies is quick and easy preparation! My almost homemade chicken pot pie is as easy as, well pie! No need to make your own pie crust or fuss with pinching the crust around the corners because all you have to do is roll out the puffed pastry and once the filling is in, just fold over the to top, like a Galette. This recipe is also so much tastier than the frozen box variety, and really takes about the same amount of time, by the time you prepare and bake it . You just can’t go wrong!
Do You Have A Favorite Pot Pie Recipe?
- 2 large chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 17.25 oz pkg puffed pastry sheets I use pepperidge farm
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- This recipe make to pies.
- In a bowl mix together chicken and frozen vegetables and set aside.
- Place cornstarch in a bowl and slowly pour in evaporated milk while mixing so make sure no lumps and then set aside.
- Roll out sheets of puffed pastry one at a time on wax paper to prevent sticking. transfer rolled pasty to pre-greased pie pan. (works well to just flip wax paper over)
- scoop half chicken mixture into one pie pan and half into other..
- Pour half evaporated milk into one pie pan and half into the other.
- Fold corners of puffed pastry over the top of the chicken pie mixture until all inside mixture is enclosed.
- Mix together melted butter and egg. Using brush mixture over the top of the pies and bake in over for around 35 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven when pastry is puffed and golden. Let set for about 5 minutes and ready to serve...
- See notes for freezer