Chili Lime Crack Chips
I loved the original crack chips so much that I wanted to find a few other options for flavors. After all, the grocery store has an entire isle dedicated to chips. This version of crack chips is equally crispy and tasty, with a light kick of lime flavor with each bite! The Chili Lime Crack Chips are so simple and easy to make an only 1 carb per serving. This recipe makes 18 servings using a mini muffin pan. That is about 8 chips per serving
Second Best Crack Chip Ever!
- 1 1/2 Cups grated plain pork rinds note: if you don't like pork rinds you can make chili cheese chips by omitting them and using only half of the chili season.
- 8 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- Zest from 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Pre Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small food processor, grind pork rinds. I use a bag that was 3 1/4th oz. Place 1 1/2 cups of grouns pork rinds in a bowl.
- Grate an 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella. I like to grate the cheese in a small food processor because it cooks more evenly for the chips. Add the grated mozzarella to your pork rinds in bowl.
- Using a hand grater, grate 2 limes using the entire peel and add the lime zest to your pork rinds and cheese.
- In a small bowl combine all your spices and mix well into the pork rinds and cheese mixture.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray. (note: you can use regular muffin pan for larger
- Place 1 tsp each of mixture into each muffin cup. I like to measure for more uniform chips.
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees and let cool for about 2 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 18 servings of 8 chips each.
- I use a fork and press down around edges of muffin cups to remove the chips so they don't break.
- Ready to serve!