Decongestant Shower Melts – Breathe Easy
Never fails, when cold weather creeps in so does stuffy runny noses. However, these Decongestant Shower Melts aren’t only for winter weather colds. They’re perfect for allergy season as well.
There is nothing worse than jumping into bed at night only to be kept up by the inability to breathe through my nose. I made these shower melts up one day and to my surprise they worked wonderfully, not to mention they were so easy to make. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together and place into your butter molds or ice cube trays and let set for 24 hours. When they’re ready just throw them into the shower and wait for the magic of the eucalyptus steam to rise up from the floor and clear your sinuses.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4 tbsp witch hazel rub or petroleum-free vapor rub
- 8 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- Toss all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Press into butter/soap mold and let set for 24 hours (silicon molds work best, but you can use ice cube trays)
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour before gently removing from molds
- Store in an air tight container. They store for several months.
- Toss in shower when ready, I would use a soap dish or small plate to prevent any slipping on shower floor.