Delicious Grilled Mozzarella Caprese
After a long dreary Winter of filling my boots with soups and Casseroles, my crock-pot needs a break! The days are getting longer and the sun is showing more and more of it’s beautiful face and what could better than having a nice treat that just plain old taste like spring. This is the time of year I start craving all the goodies from the garden. Since it’s only planting season, I’ll have to settle for the produce section for the fresh goodness of the Grilled Mozzarella Caprese! Not to toot my own horn, but let me be the first to say, Yummy! Caprese gone wild! After all melted fresh mozzarella is way better than eating it as is, well any cheese is good all melty. Anyway, this my friends is Wonderful!
Let Us Know What You Think?
- 2 Tomatos
- 1 Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- 1 Medium/Large Vidalia Onion enough for 4 slices
- 6 to 8 Basil Leaves depending on size
- 4 Tbsp Basil Infused Olive Oil
Pre-heat oven 375 degrees unless using grill
- Slice up Tomato, Onion and Mozzarella Balll. The serving size will depend on how large your ingredients are. You should get 4 to 6 servings (each serving being 1 Caprese) Chop up Basil for final touch.
Put it all together
- Place onions on a baking sheet and soak with 2 tbsp of basil infused olive oil. Broil in oven for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft. You can also grill, which is yummier by soaking onions in oil and then placing on grill. Remove onions from heat and set aside.
- Lay your sliced tomato's on a baking sheet and place a slice of Fresh Mozzarella on top. Then place your grilled onion on top of Mozzarella. Pop them back in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melty. You can also set back on grill.
- Once cheese is melting down sides of tomato remove from heat and use a spatula to place on your serving plate and drizzle with Basil infused olive oil and top off with your chopped Fresh Basil.