Delicious Meatball Lasagna
My absolute favorite part of lasagna is all that melty, ooey gooey mozzarella cheese.
- 1 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion medium
- 16 oz pkg cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach shredded loosely packed
- 1 16 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce - spaghetti sauce
- 4 lasagna pieces of lasagna pasta
- Italian season and salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Meat Balls
- Mince 1/2 onion and place in bowl with minced beef add Italian season, salt and pepper to taste and 1 egg. Mix well.
- Form small meatballs about a teaspoon size. You should get 24 meatballs. Place on baking pan and put in oven for 20 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Lasagna - while meatballs are cooking.
- Pour cottage cheese and 2 eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of mozzerella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix in well.
- Add chopped spinach and mix well
- Add your favorite pasta sauce - making sure everything is mixed together well.
- Break up the lasnaga noodles into small peices and add to mixture and mix together well.
- Put Lasagna Together
- Pour half of your lasagna mixture evenly in your baking pan.
- Place meatballs in rows on top of lasagna mixture.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over the top and place in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Once cooked take out of oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes to let set and ready to serve.