Deluxe Amish Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad
To Die For!
If you’ve ever had Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad then you know how wonderfully yummy and addicting it is! This is a wonderful summer salad! Which is also a deliciously filling salad and can be served up as a meal or as a side. It’s been a huge hit around our house. However, I decided to tweak the original recipe and beef it up a little bit. Now, the salad is perfect!
For starters, I added some extra veggies that I needed to use up and thought this salad would make a great home for them, instead of throwing them out. I’m not a huge fan of sugar. So I cut out the refined sugar sugar and opted for a small bit of Truvia to create a lower carb version of this delicious dish! And viola, the Deluxe Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower salad was born! I don’t see any other way of making this salad. Deluxe Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower has truly topped the yum factor of the original salad.
Make this for lunch!
- 1 head broccoli chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cups red pepper chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1 lb bacon cooked to crisp and chopped
- 8 oz pkg Colby cheese cut into bite size cubes
- 1 cucumber peeled sliced and quartered
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/8 cups chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayo
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon truvia
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Start off by frying bacon to a crisp.
- While bacon is cooking chop broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, garlic, Colby cheese, cucumber and red onion and place in a large bowl for mixing.
- Remove bacon from pan once cooked to a crisp, let cool and crumble or chop in smaller pieces and add to vegetables.
- Mix mayo, sour cream, Truvia and fresh squeezed lemon juice and set aside
- chop spring onions and set aside .
- Toss salad mixture with dressing mixture and then garnish with spring onion
- Refrigerate for an hour to let flavors marry.
- Can keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.