Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a such a treat especially for a snacker like me! It’s also nice to serve as an appetizer or snack with friends along with a nice glass of wine! The set back for some when making hummus is that it can take so long to make, often soaking beans overnight before you can even get started. And Don’t get me started on the mess of making roasted red peppers! Here I am to save the day! Hooray, I love to see simple fast solutions, which is what is put together in this recipe! You can have your favorite loved roasted red pepper hummus in just 10 minutes!
- 2 Can chickpeas or garbanzo beans drained (15 oz can)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon - Juice lemon
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup olive oil + 1 TBSP
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 tsp each of paprika cayenne pepper, turmeric and cumin
- 1 tsp kerean style red pepper - optional for a little kick
- 3 Large sections of Roasted Red Pepper - Equivalent to 1 small jar of roasted red pepper
- In your food processor add Chickpeas and garlic. Blend well
- Add salt and Tahini and mix well
- Squeeze the juice from lemon, add and mix well
- add 1/8 cup olive oil and mix well and then add another 1/8 cup olive oil and mix well.
- Add in Roasted red pepper at the end and add your cumin, paprika, turmeric and cayenne pepper, or any other spice you prefer.
- mix well and then pour into your favorite serving bowl.
- Drizzle the 1 Tbsp of olive oil over the top and ready to serve!