Grain Free Milk Bone Dog Treats
To be grain free or not to be, That is the question? It’s a question we often contemplate in our household as our dog seems to have a very fussy tummy. Celiac and grain allergies are growing in the canine population these days and it’s no doubt why so many pet manufacturers have been making up tons of varieties of grain free treats.
I’m not sure why I feel the need to taste each dog recipe I make and this recipe is no different, so once cooled I popped one of the milk bones in my mouth. Can you say eww! Yuck! So not impressed, However it’s not really up to me now is it? My dog on the other hand thought they were great. After a few sniffs and a little lick, Chomp! That was that, he was sold and promptly begged for another one. So overall I guess I will continue to make these Grain Free Milk Bones for my baby boy seeing as he seems to enjoy them.
- 2 eggs organic
- 1/2 cup whole milk or mild of choice I use Almond Milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- Mix coconut and almond flour together. Add in eggs and milk and combine thoroughly. Dough will be sticky.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shape. I use cookie cutters as they seem to work best than free hand.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350° preheated oven for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let cool and ready to serve.