CREAMY TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN
Low Carb TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN is by far one of the yummiest dinners I have ever made. It’s hard to believe it’s only 2 grams of carbs. I ran the numbers in disbelief several times. I was so excited that not only was it good, the carbs were so low, I could save room for desert! Low carb of course…
Check out our other Low Carb Meals!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 5 roma tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup basil leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and garlic to a skillet and saute until garlic is softened.
- Once the garlic is a light golden color, season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper and place them into the pan. Sear on both sides and cook for 10 minutes with the cover on until the thighs are cooked through
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and broth to the pan, along with salt & pepper to taste and cook for 8-10 minutes till the tomatoes have broken and formed a thick sauce.
- Add basil and cream and mix well. Add the chicken thighs back to the pan, simmer for two minutes and Serve immediately