Parmesan Crusted Eggplant Fries
Some day I will figure out how to make yummy french fries that taste like the real thing and are low carb. For now these tasty little numbers will have to do! In fact, the Parmesan Crusted Eggplant Fries are quite delicious if I do say so myself! They’re also quite easy to make. Try out these beauties next time, If you’re looking for a nice side dish to compliment your next low carb meal.
- 1 Small Eggplant
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour or Ground Pork Rinds
- 3 Tbsp olive oli
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare eggplant by cutting in half and then slicing into smaller pieces in the shape of french fries. Layout on a cutting board or other surface and lightly salt to remove excess moisture.
- Let fries sit out for 1 to 2 hours. The longer the better to dry out the fries so they are not soggy.
- Use a cotton dish towel or cheese cloth to squeeze out and extra water from eggplant after 1 to 2 hours.
Step 2 - Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place 3 tbsp of olive oil in a zip lock bag. In another zip lock mix together 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, 2 tbsp of almond flour or ground pork rinds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place your fries in the bag of oil and shake and move around to make sure you cover all your fries on each side entirely.
- Next put the fries into your Parmesan Cheese mixture and shake bag, kind of like shake and bake until all the sides and edges are thoroughly coated.
- Lay the fries out onto your baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove from heat and ready to serve.