Peppermint Bon Bon – Chocolate Chip Mint Explosion
Ice cream is like the right of passage when the summer heat rolls around. One of my favorite ice creams is Peppermint Bon Bon or Mint Chocolate Chip. I have been seeing so many non churn ice creams floating around on Pinterest and thought, hmmm I’ll have to give them a try. I have to admit my initial reactions to the no churn ice creams was some what of a disappointment. They where quite tasty as a frozen treat but lets face it, they are not really ice cream. The consistency that we are used to having is not quite the same, like a lot of other low carb recipe make overs. I only think it’s fair to share my opinion as my Whipped (AKA No Churn Ice Cream) Chocolate Chip Mint Explosion pretty much has the same consistency as all the other no churn ice creams.
Sweet Tooth Satisfaction!
Now that I’ve had my little rant on no churn ice creams! Let me start of by saying, these frozen desserts are quite good and satisfying for any sweet tooth or lover of ice cream who is trying to live a low carb life. It’s basically frozen whipped cream, and hey who doesn’t love whipped cream????? Me said no one! I used to stand at the fridge with the canned whipped cream and guzzle it down. So yummy! But back to the mint flavor, I love the fresh flavor of mint as it reminds me so much of spring. With the process of chopping down in the blender (Love the Ninja) the oils from the fresh mint leaves give a strong minty flavor to this frozen treat topped off with the crunch of delicious chocolate!
If you a lover of mint this is sure to be a summertime favorite!
I can’t wait to hear what your thoughts are!
- 1 bushel or 25 grams of fresh mint leaves approximately 2 cups lightly packed
- 1/4 cups or 100 grams of sugar free chocolate chips
- 3 Cups Extra Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a Blender or food processor, (I Love using the Ninja) Pulse mint until it is finely chopped.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until chips are broken up into smaller pieces.
- Add 3 cups of extra heavy whipping cream and pulse until the mixture becomes thick and creamy like whipped cream.
- Spread ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 bread pan or Tupperware bowl , cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- Ready to serve, top off with your favorite sugar free chocolate syrup and your good to go.
- Note: If you crave a sweeter treat you can add 2 tbsp of Swerve, this is optional and will change the carb count, but not by much.
- Serving size is abut 2 scoops