Refreshing Peppermint Soap
Peppermint oil is a natural antiseptic and has a refreshing and cooling effect of irritated skin. It also smells wonderful and works well to clear sinuses.
Besides smelling good peppermint soap helps aid in soothing skin rashes, poison oak and poison ivy. Peppermint soap also helps combat oily skin and acts as an astringent to clear up acne ridden skin. Because of it’s anti inflammatory properties peppermint soap is also very soothing for sunburns. Along with peppermint oil, Rosemary oil is great for protecting skin against damage from free radicals and it’s moisturizing!
So many uses for peppermint soap, need I say more?
- 1 lb clear melt & pour soap base
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 finely chopped mint leaves - optional
- olive oil cooking spray
- Cut up soap base into small cubes and place in a glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in-between until completely liquefied.
- Add in essential oils and mint leaves and stir well.
- Spray soap molds for easy removal. You can also use a bread loaf pan and then cut into bars once set.
- Allow to cool for a couple of hours and remove from mold and soap is ready to use.