Rustic Philly Cheese Steak – Low Carb & Keto
Philly Cheese Steak anyone? Yes please! First of all Philly Cheese Steak is truly one of my favorite meals. However It doesn’t fit into a low carb lifestyle. That is until now!
Second of all, this Philly Cheese Steak is surely to be a favorite, even if your not living a low carb lifestyle. Rustic Philly Cheese Steak is Awesome in all it’s Ooey Gooey goodness and a perfect meal for anyone! Seriously, the cheese sauce is to die for!
Please don’t be discouraged by all the steps! Even though the total time to put this dish together is about 30 to 45 minutes. Seriously, It’s quite easy to make. Furthermore, Ipromise you will love it and it’s well worth a try! It’s low carb and Keto friendly with 5.9 grams of carbs per serving. Which is not to bad for such a filling dish!
Consequently most low carb breads add a bit to the carb count. So with this in mind, when I’m trying to keep my carbs super low for the day, I will often make this recipe without the flatbread instead.
Let Us Know What You Think!
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- olive oil or some form of oil for your fingers.
- 1 lb Ground Steak or Ground Beef
- 1/2 Green Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Button Mushrooms Sliced in Half
- 3 Shallots or 1 small onion
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Mozzarella/Provolone or Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a blow add 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and 4 tbsp of cream cheese. Mix together well and place in microwave to melt cheese for about 1 1/2 minutes stirring in between about every 30 seconds.
- Once melted stir well and add 1 cup of almond flour and 1/2 tsp salt mix well. Add in 1 egg continue mixing.
- Add in 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of vinegar, mix well .
- Lightly spray your baking pan with non stick oil. This recipe should make 4 medium size circular flat breads. Note: The dough is extremely sticky and you will have to form with your hands.
- Take some olive oil or other oil to coat your finger tips to keep dough from sticking. Break dough up into 4 equal parts. Take the first part of the dough and place on your baking sheet. Now, use your oiled finger tips to press and shape dough out into flat circles the size of bread you would like to have. Continue with the rest of the dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat when done and set aside to cool. The bread with have a pancake feel and appearance as the vinegar and baking soda work to create a fluffy rising effect on the bread.
- On medium heat add 1 lb of ground steak or beef to your skillet along with 3 chopped shallots or 1 small onion and 1/2 cup of button mushrooms cut in half. When beef is almost thoroughly cooked add in 1/2 of a thinly sliced green pepper.
- While the beef is cooking in a sauce pan add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. stir until butter is melted.
- Add in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and continually stir until completely melted.
Put it all together.
- In a shallow bowl or plate fill your flat bread with 1/4 of the beef mixture and top off with the cheese sauce and repeat for the other 3 flat breads. Ready to serve.