Salmon & Sweet Potato Doggie Training Treats
Salmon & Sweet Potato Doggie Training Treats are the perfect Scooby Snack for your pet. According to the American Kennel Club Salmon and Sweet Potato’s are an excellent food choice for your beloved Dog or Puppy Because they are both rich in nutrients and vitamins that play a vital role in your pets overall health.
Salmon is a great protein source and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help support their immune system, decrease inflammation, and help can keep your dog’s coat looking shiny and healthy. Sweet potatoes are low in fat and high in fiber, which helps play an excellent role in maintaining your pets digestive system. They are also rich in vitamins A, B6, C, calcium, potassium, and iron.
Delicious! That’s all I have to say and my sweet baby boy thinks so too! Of course, I had to try these little morsels while cooking them up to see what they actually tasted like. My dog was giving me the stink eye, as if how dare I eat his scooby snacks! I think it’s his new favorite, since he can’t seem to quit staring at them on the cooling rack and drooling puddles all over the place!
- 14.7 oz can salmon
- 1 medium sweet potato baked in the skin
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 c. coconut flour
- Olive Oil cooking spay for greasing a pan
- Bake sweet potato at 350° for 45 minute or until fully cooked. Let cool and set aside.
- While sweet potato is cooling, mix together salmon, eggs and coconut flour.
- Peal the sweet potato and mix well into your salmon mixture.
- Roll into tiny balls and place on baking sheet or you can use silicone candy mold for more uniform treats.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let cool and ready to serve. Best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 5 days.