Yea Baby, Santa Fe Chicken Salad is Here to Stay!
This past weekend happens to have turned out to be a chicken frenzy and I’m so not kidding! I was shopping at Aldi, my new favorite store by the way and found a great deal on a large package of boneless skinless chicken breast. Who knew their meet department was so awesome?? No hormones or antibiotic and free range! How could I argue with that? Wholesome chicken at such a great price. the cost per pound was lower than the chain grocery stores, how could I possibly resist! Not to mention, I was so pleasantly surprised at how meaty and juicy each Chicken Breast was! I mean they were huge!However, I was too lazy to separate all 6 breast for freezing, so begins a weekend full of chicken recipes! Thinking this Santa Fe Chicken Salad is my favorite overall, however I can never say no to buffalo chicken dip either!
Easy Does It
Santa Fe Chicken Salad is so easy to put together and taste so good and I might add, a refreshing rendition to the usual chicken salad. Cilantro and Jalapeno’s are two ingredients you will always find in the fridge at my home. So I thought since I pretty much put those two ingredients in everything, why not chicken salad? I’m so glad I did and thinking this is going to be a Norm for me! The thought just occurred, that it might not be my choice! My family loves it and I can’t help feel satisfied with the thought of them asking for seconds!
Santa Fe Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup raw jicama chopped
- 1 1/2 avocados peeled & chopped
- 2 jalapeno's small chopped
- 1 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lb bacon cooked to crisp chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbl lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all the salad ingredients to a medium bowl, setting aside a pinch of cilantro, green onion and bacon for garnish.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until salad is covered in dressing.
- Ready to serve, Goes well with low carb wraps, lettuce wraps. Also taste greats strait out of the bowl.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.