Sausage Florentine Mushrooms
Do you need a crowd pleasing appetizer? Then you’ve certainly come to the right place. Because this recipe is definitely a winner! In fact Sausage Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms is my go to recipe when I’m having company and need hors d’oeuvres. Additionally this recipe also makes an amazing side dish when you use large portobello mushrooms instead of the button mushrooms.
I love stuffed mushrooms and to be honest, of all my favorites, this one is at the top of my list. Indeed, these mushrooms are addicting not to mention the flavor is out of this world! In other words, try to eat just one! They are to die for yummy! With this in mind, if you love mushrooms, I can almost guarantee you will love these and so will your friends and family! Of course if you do happen to make them, don’t forget to save me some! Especially since I’m sharing my recipe and all!!
- 3 - 8 oz pkg button mushrooms baby portobellos is the best
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese I use herb flavored
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven 375 degrees
- cook sausage on low heat until well done
- While the sausage is cooking chop your fresh spinach and put into mixing bowl
- Add mozzarella to mixing bowl with spinach and mix well
- Add cream cheese to mixture and pour cooked sausage over the top to soften the cream cheese and then mix all ingredients well.
- Remove mushroom stems and gently hollow out. Stuff mushrooms with spinach and sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of stuffed mushroom
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown