No Carbs? No Problem!
I am a huge lover of bread which makes it difficult if you are living a keto lifestyle or trying to eat low carb. These Savory No Carb Cloud Flat Breads are so easy to make and are delicious! While their certainly no comparison to real bread, they definitely fill the gap! Given that they are an egg based bread. You can eat them as they are or with dips. I like to make ham and cheese pinwheels with them or use them as a bread bun for my favorite cheese burgers. So many ideas to use with this flat bread, Be creative! I hope you enjoy them! If you like this recipe you will absolutely love Bacon Jalapeno popper cloud bread.
Additionally, with savory seasoning of fresh herbs, you’ll find that this cloud bread recipe does not taste as ‘eggy’. However if you feel like it still is too ‘eggy’, I have found that letting them sit out in a plastic zip lock makes a huge difference. I usually leave the cloud bread out for about three days. Of course, that if I haven’t gobbled it up by then. After all, they taste so darn good.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese I use chive cream cheese for the savory
- 1 tablespoon fress thyme finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/8 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°
- Separate eggs - place egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another bowl.
- Whip egg yolks until thick and stiff and then add in cream cheese and mix well. Add Cheddar cheese and tyme, rosemary and savory. Mix well and set aside.
- whip egg whites vigorously or use a mixer until the eggs whites are stiff and you can make peaks out of them.
- Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Spray your non stick pan with cooking spray and spoon dollops of the egg batter onto the pan forming circles the size of the bread you want.
- Bake for tens minutes or until thoroughly cooked and tops are golden brown.
- Ready to serve!
If using pre-shredded cheese, I like to chop the cheese into smaller bits to blend well with mixture.
The recipe card calculated 1 gram of carbs, however none of the ingredients I used had any carbs so it's actually 0 grams of carbs. Make sure you check the labels when picking out your cream cheese and shredded cheese.