Spicy Steak Nacho’s – Low Carb and Keto Friendly!
So, the question of the day is? When am I never crazing over Mexican food, because really, it’s so stinking good? I think I pretty much dream about Mexican food and i’m always trying to figure out how I can get those delicious flavors without the mock tortilla chips that taste nothing like they are supposed to! This one is a keeper for the record books for sure and I will be making this one over and over in time to come.
Can you say Heaven!! Because I’m in heaven pigging out on these delights as I write and i’m not sharing! Move over Crack Chips – There’s a new favorite recipe in town and it’s the best one yet! Wishing restaurants would make something like this for all the low carbers and keto goers because they are so delicious and satisfying! Finally if you love Mexican Food as much as I do than you’ll absolutely love these!
It’s a Nacho Lovers Dream!
- 1 4 oz Steak
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Organic Taco Season - Or you have a homemade recipe
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Green Chilies - you can use jalapeno's or banana peppers if you prefer
- 1 Roma or Small Tomato - Chopped
- 2 Green onions / Scallions - Chopped
- 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Oil for frying steak I use Hot chili oil for spicy flavor
- 1 Tsp Paprika to rub steak
- 1 Tbsp sour-cream
- 1 Tbsp guacamole or mashed avocado
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Step 1 - Prepare Cheese Chips
- Grate 2 cups mozzarella cheese in a food processor so that it's fine and crumbly because it mixes better with seasoning. Add 3 tbsp of organic taco season and mix well.
- Spray a muffin top pan with nonstick spray or grease with butter. Add 1 tsp of cheese mixture to each muffin top cup. Don't overfill as chips will be spongy rather than crispy. You should get 48 chips with each serving being 12 chips.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are nice and crispy looking. Remove from oven and using a fork gently go around edges of chip and then remove from pan and set aside.
Step 2 - Cooking Steak
- use 1 tsp of paprika as a rub for your steak, rub both sides.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of hot chili oil or regular if you don't like spicy and then add your steak to pan. Sear your steak on all sides to seal in juices. Fry your steak for about 7 minutes on each side and then remove from pan and let rest.
- Before preparing the nacho's you will want to cube up your cooked steak
Step 3 - Make Cheese Sauce
- In a sauce pan add 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1 tbsp of butter. Continually stir until all the cheese is melted. The sauce will be a sticky cheese but should be thin enough to run off your spoon. You can add more heavy whipping cream if cheese is to thick 1 tbsp at a time so it doesn't become to runny.
Step 4 - Put Nachos Together
- You can pile up your nachos or simply separate them on plates for individual servings. Each serving should be about 12 chips.
- Lay down your first layer of chips and then sprinkle a small amount of steak, chopped tomato, chopped green chili's, chopped green onions and a couple of tbsp of cheese sauce then layer another layer of chip and repeat.
- When chips are piled up pour over the remaining cheese sauce and the rest of your chopped ingredients. Optional top off with 1 tbsp sour cream and 1 tbsp guacamole and Ready to serve