I miss my Eggs Benedict. It’s at the top of my list for favorite breakfast foods! When I was dreaming up a way to enjoy this breakfast delight, I thought about the crispness of toasted English Muffins and wanted something as equally crunchy. I used the same dough recipe I used for our Cheesy Thyme Crackers. The dough is so easy to make and has a nice crisp to it that I thought it will make a nice thin crust. I don’t even think I have used this dough yet to it’s potential so stay tuned for some other crispy treats with it in the near future. But getting back to Thin Crust Eggs Benedict Breakfast Pizza, you won’t be disappointed! It”s really quite easy to make and taste fantastic!
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 Slices Smoked Ham or Canadian Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Dash Salt and Pepper to taste
- dab of oil for rolling pin
Preheat Oven 375 degrees
- In a bowl combine 2 large egg yolks and 1 1/4th cups of grated Parmesan cheese. Initially mixing, the dough will become crumbly. Knead dough and work through fingers until completely combined. Shape dough in into a large ball with your hands.
- Flatten dough in hands and start to create a circular form.
- Lightly spray non stick baking sheet and place dough on baking sheet. Using a rolling pin roll dough out thin into a circular shape. I use a drop of oil to oil down rolling pin to keep from sticking to dough.
- Place in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until looks golden and edges are crispy.
- Remove crust from oven. Layer smoked ham around pizza. I usually cut ham in half to get most of the crust covered in ham.
- Using your thumb or fingers push down 4 small holes or indents on each side of pizza crust. This is to hold the eggs in place as the entire egg will slide off pizza if your don''t give it a landing spot.
- Crack 4 eggs and place on top of ham, with yolks resting in the indents you just placed. Some of the egg whites will run off the side of pizza which is ok.
- Place in oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until eggs are cooked. Remove from heat and make hollandaise sauce.
- Beat 4 eggs yolks in a bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup of butter and 1 tbsp of lemon juice until thoroughly mixed and add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a pan, or double boiler if you have one on low heat continually whisk until the sauce becomes thick and creamy. Note: Very important to continually whisk and don't walk away from sauce or you will end up with scrambled eggs, so keep whisking until thick.
- Once sauce is thick and creamy remove from heat and pour over the top of your pizza and ready to serve. you should get 4 good size slices of pizza. nutrition is based on 1 slice serving and carbs come from eggs. I used a zero carb parm cheese and ham.